Unity Canada SEE Grant - updated October 2019
formerly known as the Education Reimbursement Program
As previously communicated, Unity Canada has set aside a total of $5000.00, ($500 cap per ministry), for an education grant. This covers the Spiritual Education and Enrichment (SEE) registration fee charged by Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute, for students taking classes for credit.
The purpose of this grant is to encourage people in your congregation to take for credit Spiritual Education Classes (SEE) either those offered online in Canada, (not US offered courses), in your ministry or a local ministry.
The reason for this grant:
In the past people have taken SEE classes but not for credit because they could not see the benefit in doing so. Some then realize they would like to pursue the ministerial or Licensed Unity Teacher (LUT) path only to have to retake their classes to get the credit.
By your encouraging students to take classes for credit, they will be better prepared and perhaps find incentive to pursue the above mentioned paths.
WHAT YOUR MINISTRY NEEDS TO DO:
- Advertise SEE classes being offered online in Canada (not US offered courses), in your ministry and at local ministries. Encourage your congregants to take the classes. Check this link for a listing: https://www.unitycanada.org/spiritual-enrichment-and-education-classes
- Advise them, as an incentive for credentialed studies, Unity Canada will cover their registration fee of $45US
WHAT THE STUDENT NEEDS TO DO:
- Register for the SEE course.
- Complete the requirements successfully
- Your teacher will complete the UWSI SEE Grade Form and remit it to Unity Canada for payment to UWSI.
WHAT THE SEE TEACHER NEEDS TO DO:
- Upon course completion, the teacher fills out the UWSI SEE Registration and Grade Report Form
- That form is remitted to the UC bookkeeper.
- Please only students affiliated with a ministry qualify for this grant.
- Receives the UWSI SEE Registration and Grade Report Form
- Remits a cheque payable to UWSI in the amount of $45US per student
- Mail to UWSI
- At the end of the SEE Grant timeline, creates an email for each ministry notifying them UC has paid the UWSI registration fee for the following students. (List the names of the students).